Monday, July 28, 2008

Planning for success - TRADE SHOWS, EXHIBITIONS AND EVENTS



Here is the Smart Tips on how to plan for the most important Event or the Trade show...

Appoint an exhibition co-ordinator
Put one person in charge of the project with overall responsibility for planning, budgeting, stand management etc – someone with authority who can see the project successfully through to its conclusion.

Appoint a reputable stand designer
Draw up a shortlist of suppliers and put the job out to tender. Insist on seeing a portfolio of each company’s work. Talk to previous clients and ensure they are capable of working on time and within budget.

Set measurable objectives
Set achievable targets against which to measure your success. If generating sales leads, for example, base your target around your potential audience, number of stand staff and total number of opening hours.

Read the manual!
Read your exhibitor’s manual carefully, as soon as you receive it, paying particular attention to stand rules and regulations, and noting the deadline dates for returning order forms. Late orders and last-minute changes may incur a surcharge.

Confirm your exhibits
Give your product managers plenty of warning, to ensure products are available and in a suitable condition for display. If exhibiting working equipment, remember to organise spares in case of breakdown.

Publicise your presence
Prepare your press release(s) and catalogue entry and submit them by the deadline date. Mail out invitations to your prospects, giving them an incentive to visit your stand. Event web sites offer many publicity opportunities - check out your options.

Check out stand packages
Many organisers offer ‘stand packages’ comprising space, modular stand/pipe and drape, furniture, lighting etc for an all-in price. Promotional packages are also commonly available. They are an excellent aid to budgeting and cost control, and can save much administrative time and effort.

Co-ordinate media activities
Maximise your promotional budget by coordinating your exhibition promotions with other media activities. Drop a flash on your trade adverts saying ‘see us on stand XXX’, include invitations in direct mail, and publicise your participation in customer newsletters and on your web site.

Prepare a detailed budget
Anticipate all likely items of expenditure before committing money, prepare a detailed budget breakdown, keep a close eye on expenditure, and a central record of all purchase orders and invoices.

Select and brief stand staff
Select staff early to ensure availability and allow adequate time for training. Draw up a duty roster and ensure all staff are fully briefed on the stand exhibits, their role, and the company’ objectives.

Devise an efficient system for handling enquiries
The way you capture and qualify visitor information at show will determine the speed and efficiency with which you can follow up leads. Devise an ‘enquiry form’ for use by stand staff on which vital visitor details can be quickly recorded (e.g. products of interest, purchasing authority, date of intended purchase etc).

Draw up a timetable of key tasks
Using the manual, and working backwards from the exhibition, draw up a timetable of key tasks, highlighting who is responsible, and deadline dates for completion. Copy it to all involved in the exhibition effort.

Establish clear lines of communication
Breakdown of communication is a major cause of problems at exhibitions. Make it clear to your suppliers and the organizer who their points of contacts are. Hold regular briefing sessions with the team to keep everyone up to date on developments.

4 comments:

Web Designer India said...

I like your informative and knowledgeable website
Website Designing Chandigarh

Unknown said...

where you have been blogger from this website,you have not posted since long time despite you having great website.I was really impressed by your website and blog.

Web Development Phoenix

Unknown said...

Very interesting tips. These are going to help anyone planning for an event.Thanks for sharing1! Custom Web Design Company

Putri Adiratnaa said...

Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage { lfdsloans@outlook.com}

Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to  the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: { lfdsloans@outlook.com  WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740